[Ifeffit] problems with deglitching in Athena

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Oct 8 23:17:35 CDT 2003

Hi Bruce:

I have been using the single point deglitching in Athena and I find some
strange behavior.  It seems that the only thing that counts is the
horizontal cross hair.  This needs to be right at the vertical position of
the point to be selected.  The vertical cross hair does not seem to
matter.  This is sort of counterintuitive and it took me a while to figure
out that the program was not just selecting random points on me.  Perhaps,
if this is a feature of PGPLOT, it should be docmented.

I am using the latest version of IFEFFIT and horae on Linux.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology