[Ifeffit] Slight Problem with the new ARTEMIS

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Oct 7 08:33:07 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 05:18 am, Norbert Weiher wrote:
> I found a slight problem with the new ARTEMIS - I use the latest package for
> ifeffit (1.2.3) and HORAE (0.24).
>
> When you do a fit and look at the fit results for the current fit it seems
> that the program does not update all fit statistics the first time you do a
> fit. For example, when I switch from a single-shell fit to a dual-shell mode
> (from 4 to 8 variables), I get still 4 variables in the first run. When I
> re-calculate, it updates everything correctly. It's just for the number of
> variables - the rest seems to be updated in the first run.

I've not seent his behavior.  Nor have I seen what Peter reported in
his followup to Norbert's message.  If you could make a zip file
containing the project file, the data, and the feff.inp file, then I
could look at this myself.  Make sure to explain to me the steps you
took to produce the problem.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source