[Ifeffit] 30 element detector data in athena

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Mon Oct 6 16:50:12 CDT 2003

Athena does not handle that many columns gracefully.  We use a Python
program to split these data up into one file for each of the elements and
then work from there.

Carlo

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Vivek S. Murthi wrote:

> Hi Matt, Bruce..
>
> Athena could not open files from NSLS beamline X10C vax machine which has
> data in the form of .XFS. So, I converted it to *.dat and made it look like
> a dat file from NSLS beamline X 11a. Athena doesnot give me any prompt for
> incompatability but it simply crashes and closes. The data I have is from a
> 13 element detector, so there are about 38 columns of data. I am not sure
> if this would make Athena crash. If So, do you have any suggestions to
> overcome this.
>
> thnks
> vivek
>
> 	Vivek S. Murthi
> 	Graduate Research Assistant
> 	419 Egan Center
> 	Northeastern University
> 	Boston, MA-02115
> 	Phone: 617-373-8949

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at agni.phys.iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre