[Ifeffit] Scott's tutorial

SCalvin100 at aol.com SCalvin100 at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 08:04:21 CST 2003

Hi Tamas,

You have a rather old version of Artemis (the current version is 0.6.009, and
I wrote the tutorial with 0.6.008). Download the new version and you'll find
that Artemis automatically generates a set of "Guess" variables that are
reasonable to start with (unless someone changes the option described in your
second paragraph.)

Also, this is a good time to mention something Bruce pointed out to me. He
said:

"2.  The first project is nice because it starts blank and walks the
    user through importing data and feff paths.  The second project is
    a bit confusing because the data and feff path have to be changed
    from what they were on your computer to what they are on the users
    computer.  It would be useful to start the journal with a note
    about that."

To do this, highlight the FEFF calculation in the "Data & Paths" panel and
use the option under the FEFF menu to "Change Path to FEFF", then highlight
ZnO.chi and use the option under Data to "Change data file."

--Scott

In a message dated 11/26/03 4:29:53 PM, tamas.varga at chemistry.gatech.edu