[Ifeffit] new user contributions page

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Nov 26 15:42:40 CST 2003

Matt:

I have an interest in trying out zope as well for other IIT uses.  I have
not yet spent much time figuring out how to set it up and make it work
effectivley though.

Although the IXS server will not be as good as the CARS one, I believe
that it could handle the load.

One possibility is that Matt and I get together and discuss it, then come
up with a reasonable plan.

Carlo

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Matt Newville wrote:

>Bruce, Carlo,
>
>Thanks for the immediate feedback.  On the technical side, I run the
>web pages for CARS on a dual Xeon server - it seems pretty fast.
>I've played with Zope/Plone a little: it's a very nice 'content
>management' tool.  I've been thinking about setting this up on the
>CARS machines for awhile, and would be willing to use this an excuse
>to really try to get it to work.
>
>Then again, this might be an ideal job for the IXS (The user info,
>software catalog, and error analysis pages would benefit from having
>outside people directly edit their own info).  I'm willing to try
>this here at CARS, but I'm happy to have someone else do it too!
>
>My main question has been would such a thing get used?  I guess one
>way to find out is to set it up and see if it gets used.  My sense
>is now that it would get used (especially with Scott's zip file of
>ZnO examples, and remembering that Francois sent wavelet software
>and Corwin Booth sent self-absorption software earlier this year
>too).  OK, I will put this on my to-do list.
>
>Somewhat unrelated (but since I'm clogging your mailbox), I should
>have a much better 'Windows Updater' with Bruce's latest programs
>ready in a week or so, and a "real installer" for Mac OS X 10.3
>sometime in the next few weeks as well.
>
>--Matt

Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
Carlo.Segre at iit.edu    http://www.iit.edu/~segre