[Ifeffit] new user contributions page

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 26 15:34:46 CST 2003

Bruce, Carlo,

Thanks for the immediate feedback.  On the technical side, I run the
web pages for CARS on a dual Xeon server - it seems pretty fast.
I've played with Zope/Plone a little: it's a very nice 'content
management' tool.  I've been thinking about setting this up on the
CARS machines for awhile, and would be willing to use this an excuse
to really try to get it to work.

Then again, this might be an ideal job for the IXS (The user info,
software catalog, and error analysis pages would benefit from having
outside people directly edit their own info).  I'm willing to try
this here at CARS, but I'm happy to have someone else do it too!

My main question has been would such a thing get used?  I guess one
way to find out is to set it up and see if it gets used.  My sense
is now that it would get used (especially with Scott's zip file of
ZnO examples, and remembering that Francois sent wavelet software
and Corwin Booth sent self-absorption software earlier this year
too).  OK, I will put this on my to-do list.

Somewhat unrelated (but since I'm clogging your mailbox), I should
have a much better 'Windows Updater' with Bruce's latest programs
ready in a week or so, and a "real installer" for Mac OS X 10.3
sometime in the next few weeks as well.