[Ifeffit] Fwd: athena - Win 98 and Win NT

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Nov 25 14:47:30 CST 2003

Brad,

I am passing this along to the mailing list to see if anyone else has
any better wisdom for you.  But I'll take a stab.

Win98:  did you  put "SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P" into
        `config.sys', as the Win98 instructions on my and Matt's web
        sites suggest?  Otherwise I am not familiar enough with Win98
        to provide better guidance.

WinNT:  I have never seen the message you described and don't quite
        know what it means.  What happens on NT if you install the
        stuff in to C:\Program Files\ rather than onto the F: disk?
        Again, I am not very familiar with NT (I've never actually
        haad it on a machine that I own.)

Win2K:  Whew!  Using this seems like the path of least resistance.

Anyone else have any wisdom?