[Ifeffit] Installing gifeffit on linux

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 12 10:46:15 CST 2003

Hi Peter, Tsu-Chien,

Sorry to all for following-up my own post so quickly:

If you're up for it, there is a Pmw version 1.2 that claims to work
with python2.3.  This would be the first thing I try after getting
python2.3 and Pmw installed (and looks likely to work, as this _had_
to be noticed before).  You might be able to do this faster than me.

Installing Pmw usually just involves copying the source Pmw_1_X tree
to PYTHON_DIR/site-packages/Pmw/ (with PYTHON_DIR probably being
/usr/lib/python2.3 on linux, /sw/lib/python2.3 with OS X 10.2/Fink,
and probably something like Library/Python on OS X 10.3).