[Ifeffit] Windows Installer for Ifeffit 1.2.0

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri May 16 20:19:22 CDT 2003

Hi Mark,

Hmm, I'm not sure what happened.... I just downloaded it and
it worked OK for me, reporting athena 0.8.019.  I did notice
that Sixpack was using an old version of the dll, and just
fixed that.

Could you try again?

> Initially, I thought that the windows installer would (as in
> the past) include the latest (and greatest) versions of
> Athena and Artemis. But now that I think about it more, Matt
> seemed to indicate that he wants a stable distribution,
> which might mean older versions of Athena and Artemis.
> Bruce's website, on the other hand, seems to say that the
> windows installer for Ifeffit 1.2.0 would have the most
> recent windows versions of Artemis and Athena. I politely
> ask, which of these ideas is winning and when can windows
> users hope for some new versions of the Ravel-ware.

I think we haven't figured this out yet.  Is it OK to download
ifeffit-1.2.0.exe as the basic installer, and then install
whatever updates to athena/artemis may exist on top of that?
The updates could use an installer that asked (or tried to
figure out) where ifeffit was installed, but that's up to
Bruce.  The latest 'Ravelware' updates could also be on
Sourceforge, but that's up to Bruce too.

Alternatively, we can try to convince someone (perhaps Bruce)
to generate a new windows installer for ifeffit-1.2.0XXX.exe
every time the applications are updated, and uploading the
latest to Sourceforge.