[Ifeffit] ifeffit 1.2.0

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed May 14 22:57:23 CDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

At the suggestion of several people, I've repackaged the
latest version of Ifeffit and called it version 1.2.0, to
indicate that this is the stable version.  By this, I mean
that bugs and errors will be fixed in this series, but that no
new features will be added.

As of now, only the source kit for ifeffit-1.2.0 is available
from the Ifeffit web site.  The Windows installer package
should be available within a few days.

In addition to this, it was recommended to start using the
SourceForge.net services.  This will happen, and an
empty page for Ifeffit is available there at
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ifeffit/

It may take much of the summer to get this working completely.
This will provide multiple download sites with mirroring. In
addition, the development/unstable versions will be available
through Sourceforge's CVS server -- if anyone is interested in
this, letting me know!  There are other services (such as bug
tracking) available from Sourceforge as well, and it is
possible that the mailing list may eventually move to
sourceforge.net as well.

Thanks,