[Ifeffit] Fwd: problem in executing programs

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon May 5 13:36:15 CDT 2003

Hi Bruce, Yuni, Everyone,

The main issue is that the batch files to run the Ifeffit
programs have
  SET IFEFFIT_DIR=C:\Program Files\Ifeffit

which is correct for Win NT, 2000, XP, but fails on 95/98/Me
because of the space in 'Program Files'.  The problem can be
avoided in one of two ways:
  1.  change the *.bat file to say
        SET IFEFFIT_DIR="C:\Program Files\Ifeffit"
      This appears to work on 95/98/Me but not 2000/XP!!

  2. install Ifeffit into a directory without a space in
     the directory name, such as C:\ifeffit

The reports I hear are that both of these work.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the windows installer for
1.0077. I'm not sure I can fix this problem for this round,
but I'll look into a way of auto-detecting 2000/XP v 98/Me.