[Ifeffit] Artemis document

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Mar 14 14:50:12 CST 2003

Hi folks,

I got mail this afternoon asking me about documentation for Artemis.
That has, of course, been a long-standing shortcoming of the code.  It
turns out that I have spent a decent chunk of time in the last couple
weeks working on the Artemis doc.  It is only about 25% written, but
the portions that I have written are introductory material.  It should
be useful even in its current, sparse form.

Here's the URL:
  http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/docs.html
I am only posting the PDF at this time.  I'll be updating it
frequently as I work on it, but I probably won't announce updates on
this channel until it is a lot closer to finished.  So check back
often if you are interested.

Please be aware that it is nowhere near finished.  It is full of gaps,
typos, suspicious statements, and dangling trains of thought.  It is
so far from finished that "documentation" may be too kind of a term.

However, it seems that posting the unfinished doc on my web site is
well within that open source spirit of "release early, release often"
that I have adopted with my codes.  If it proves useful to some of you
-- super!

P.S.  If anyone is interested in helping out with the doc, either by
copy editing or by contributing text, let me know -- I'd be jumping-
up-and-down happy if that happened.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source