[Ifeffit] Athena 0.8.014

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Mar 5 09:09:16 CST 2003

Matt:

I bit the bullet last night and made a stab at an IFEFFIT Debian package.
By the end of the evening (or beginning of the morning if you will) I had
two functioning, but certainly not complete packages of ifeffit for the
woody (stable) and sarge (testing) Debian distributions.  They do not, at
this point in time, include any of the wrappers (I have yet to figure out
how to do this) and are compile only for i386 architecture.  According to
Debian policy, they install in /usr rather than /usr/local.  They seem to
work with the latest installation of Athena and Artemis but I am still in
the process of testing them.

It should be possible to use the Debian alien program to comvert them to
RPMs as well.

I will keep you updated on my progress and when I am sure that they aren't
incredibly broken, I will be happy to make them available.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Research, Armour College