[Ifeffit] ldd /usr/local/bin/ifeffit ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 exited with unknown exit code (139)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Mar 4 14:10:00 CST 2003

Jacques,

I don't understand how you get this core dump.  The title line is
not enough to go on.  Please be more complete in describing your
problem, including:
  1) how ifeffit was configured and installed, including version
  2) what command you type
  3) what the actual error message is.

You say that you saw hints and reports of other problems, but
don't tell us what they are...  should we guess?

It seems like you typed a command at a terminal and immediately
get a core dump.  Sorry to be so dense but: what command did you
type?    If you type:
 ~>ifeffit

and get a core dump before any messages from Ifeffit, it is most
likely a memory management issue.  If that is the case, the
suggestions Bruce gave are a good start.  If that is not the
case, we'll need to know more.

--Matt