[Ifeffit] Ifeffit 1.0076

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Jan 27 09:37:58 CST 2003

 CS> By the way, I really like the horae_install script.  I am not an
 CS> expert in shell scripting but if I can help keeping it working, I
 CS> would be happy to.

Glad it worked out for you.

It currently works by my making sure to symlink "horae-latest.tar.gz"
to whatever the latest version of the tarball is and by making sure to
extract the HORAE file from the tar ball and place it, too, on the
server.  I am a little worried about my actually remembering to do the
things each time!

Attached is an improvement (even though I said I wasn't going to work
on it -- I get obsessed and can't really help myself ;-)  It uses wget
to fetch a listing of the directory where the tarballs live and
determines the most recent version to download.  That seems easier for
me.

The script is highly dependent on wget.  That could be a problem on
non-linux unix machines.  One obvious improvement would be to allow
using some other program to grab the file.  Another possibility would
be to write a similar script in perl or python so you could build a
web client right into the script.

Let me know if this works for you and I'll post it on the web site.

Name: HORAE_install

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source