[Ifeffit] Ifeffit 1.0076

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Jan 24 12:12:46 CST 2003

 > On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> said:

 MN> It is OK if I just remove the perl module from the source kit so
 MN> there's no potential conflict with horae?  If not, I should
 MN> probably keep the perl module in the distribution up to date with
 MN> the horae!!

As you wish.  I actually would suggest leaving the perl wrapper in the
ifeffit distro for the sake of anyone who wants to use perl and
ifeffit but does not want to use athena.  However, you definately
should make sure that ifeffit keeps up to date with horae.  And you
should make it so that the perl wrapper is not built by default.
Indeed, you may want the Makefile to spit out a message either after
"make" or "make install" giving the user a hint about perl and python
goodies.

I don't think I made any changes to Ifeffit.pm or the wrapper program
since I started including them in the harae tarball, so I don't think
it is an issue this time.  I think the problem Carlo saw was some kind
of library version skew.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source