[Ifeffit] mirrors

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 26 10:51:50 CST 2003

Bruce, Everyone,

A 'lite' version of the Ifeffit installer that contained all the
executables (and perl, and tcl directories needed by them) but no
examples or docs would still be ~17Mb.  Is that enough savings in
download file size to help those with slow connections or very
far away?  My guess is 'no;, but if the consensus of those with
slow connections is 'yes', I'd consider doing this.

Lobbying for synchrotron facilities or EXAFS beamlines to set up
mirrors of data analysis software seems like a fine idea to me.
Maybe the International XAFS Society could be persuaded to do
something about this....