[Ifeffit] Re: Ifeffit digest, Vol 1 #109 - 2 msgs

Zhan Zhang zhanzhang at northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 12 09:59:10 CST 2003

Matt,
    I tried on my Win98. Installing it into C:\Ifeffit solved this icon
not run problem for me. In my case, I believe this make_bats.exe works
fine all the time. It generates the right .bat files.
    I would believe that the two easy steps you listed below works well
for me. Hope it is fine for all other Win98 users. Anyway, I am working
primarily on Win2K or WinXP now.
    Thanks for the hard work maintaining this!
Zhan

>My guess is that make_bats.exe that is supposed to make
>the *.bat files at the 'Finish installation' step may
>also be choking on the space in 'C:\Program Files'.
>
>Could one or both of you try installing into 'C:\Ifeffit'
>instead of 'C:\Program Files\Ifeffit'. That might get the
>start menu and desktop icons to work better -- and
>everything else is supposed to work fine. If that doesn't
>work, we might have to figure out something better.
>
>In the end, it would be really nice to have a small list
>of steps for getting Ifeffit installed on Win98. If it
>was as easy as:
>  1. put  SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P  into config.sys
>  2. run the installer, but install to C:\Ifeffit.

--------------------------
Zhan Zhang
Northwestern University                 Argonne National Laboratory
Materials Science & Engineering Dept.   Environmental Research Division
MLSB 2017                               Building 203, C-137
2225 N. Campus Drive                    9700 Cass Ave.
Evanston, IL 60208                      Argonne, IL 60439
U.S.A                                   U.S.A.

Email address:  zhanzhang at northwestern.edu
Office:    (630) 252-8629

Fax:       (630) 252-5498