[Ifeffit] Procedure for Win 98 installation

krk511 at casbah.it.northwestern.edu krk511 at casbah.it.northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 11 13:22:34 CST 2003

Matt and Group,

It appears that the following two steps should be all that is needed to install
on Win 98 and make the desktop icons usuable. (THANKS!)  I've tried this today
on another computer in our lab, and it even managed to install the xxx.bat
files without having to go to the Make bats application. (My guess is that when
I originally tried this a couple of days ago I may have done the shell command
with a number much smaller than 4096, and that was the difference between then
and now.)

The procedure below appears to work great, if someone has problems they should
immediately look to see if the xxxx.bat files were generated, and if not use
the Make bats application.

-- Kristine