[Ifeffit] Win 98 cont....

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 10 12:32:12 CST 2003

Kristine, Zhang,

Thanks for all the reports on installing on Win98.

My guess is that make_bats.exe that is supposed to make
the *.bat files at the 'Finish installation' step may
also be choking on the space in 'C:\Program Files'.

Could one or both of you try installing into 'C:\Ifeffit'
instead of 'C:\Program Files\Ifeffit'. That might get the
start menu and desktop icons to work better -- and
everything else is supposed to work fine. If that doesn't
work, we might have to figure out something better.

In the end, it would be really nice to have a small list
of steps for getting Ifeffit installed on Win98. If it
was as easy as:
  1. put  SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P  into config.sys
  2. run the installer, but install to C:\Ifeffit.

That would be good enough for now.
Thanks,