[Ifeffit] Win 98 cont....

krk511 at casbah.it.northwestern.edu krk511 at casbah.it.northwestern.edu
Mon Feb 10 11:29:37 CST 2003

Bruce and Group:

Sorry about the incomplete message.

In regards to getting IFEFFIT to work on Win 98:

I changed config.sys per Matt's suggestion:
     -- that changed the MSDOS error message from
      "Out of environment space" to "too many parameters"
      when I hit the desktop icon (this is what I still see when
      I hit the desktop icons)

On Matt's suggestion I then looked at the xxxx.bat files in c:\Program
Files\Ifeffit:
     -- I noticed that they weren't automatically installed, so I
      ran the "Make bats" application, after which I was able to run
      all the software if I selected it directly from the
      c:\Program Files\Ifeffit folder.

After reading the last message I added Zhan's command to my autoexec file

      -- but it hasn't seemed to have made a difference in being able to use
       the desktop icons on my computer.  It does still appear that I can
       get at the software directly by clicking on it from it's actual folder.

I hope this helps.  I'm just excited to see that it appears to work!

Thanks!
Kristine Witkowski
Northwestern University