[Ifeffit] Re: Questions about IFEFFIT and Windows 98

krk511 at casbah.it.northwestern.edu krk511 at casbah.it.northwestern.edu
Fri Feb 7 10:09:07 CST 2003

Bruce and Matt,

Thank you for your help.  Things appear to be working now.  I made the change
to the config.sys file (which changed the message from 'Out of environment
space' to 'Too many parameters').  I then went to look at the xxxx.bat files
and saw that they weren't there.  After hitting the make bats application to
generate them and then clicking on the executable (from the C:/Program
Files/Ifeffit/ folder) things seem to be OK.  (I didn't need to make changes to
the bat files I guess)... though I'm still perplexed that I still get the "Too
many parameters" message if I click on the icon on the desktop, while if I
actually click on the executable in the folder I have no problem.

I'm very glad that it appears to be working now.

Thanks,
Kristine

Bruce Ravel <ravel at phys.washington.edu> writes on Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:53:25
-0500: