[Ifeffit] Tk-804.025_beta10 seems OK

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 17 13:39:01 CST 2003

Hi Paul,

I keep hoping to get a working Mac OS 10.3 installer working for
ifeffit+.  I believe I'm very close:  I have PackageManager and
AppleScript mostly tamed, but still have a few bugs with permissions
in the install process.  I don't really understand all this stuff,
and don't have lots of time to work on it, but it's close!

I've been basing what I have on Tk-804_025.beta6, which seems to
work for me, though I have tested artemis extensively (I'm still
trying to figure out how it works!!). And I'm relying on the System
supplied version of Perl.  So is Tk....beta10 signficantly better
than beta6 for athena/artemis with Perl5.8.0?  If so, do I need to
apply the 'HList patch' or just build it from source?

Thanks,