[Ifeffit] Global parameters mapping with EXAFS

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 19 14:21:25 CDT 2003

Hi Wojciech,

I'm afraid I haven't read that paper (just downloaded it) so I'm not
sure what the 'global parameter mapping' they used is.  It sounds as
if it might be similar to what Norbert Weiher is trying to do for
'global parameter mapping', using ifeffit as the underlying engine.
There was some discussion on this list in July with subject lines
like 'Scanning potential surfaces'.  Is this close to what you have
in mind?

I've never used AUTOFIT. It might be available from Mark Chance
(still at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and involved in
running X9B at NSLS, as far as I know), but I don't know for sure.

Hope that helps,

--Matt