[Ifeffit] Fixed a major bug in Athena

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Sep 20 15:47:50 CDT 2002

Well, it took a mere two days for someone to find a serious bug in my
"great" new release of Athena.  Sigh.... ;-)

In 0.8.000, there is a serious bug associated with deleting data
groups ("Delete group" or "Delete marked groups" in the "Group" menu).
The bug makes it impossible to select one or more of the remaining
groups.  The unselectable groups are below the group that was deleted,
unless you have rearranged the list with Alt-u and Alt-d, in which
case the unselectable groups will be hard to predict.

I posted a source tarball (horae-002.tar.gz) and a new athena.exe for
you Windows users.  I strongly encourage upgrading if you installed
the release from earlier this week.

For those of you Windows users who are new to the ifeffit world, when
I update my codes I usually post updated windows executables on my web
site.  Usually I do NOT rebuild the entire Windows installer.  The way
to use the updated executable is to download the .exe file from the
Windows section of
  http://feff.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/download.html
and replace the .exe file in C:\Program Files\Ifeffit (or where ever
you actually installed Ifeffit on your computer) with the new one.

Many thanks to Adam Webb for pointing out the problem and for *not*
waiting until next week to tell me about it!

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source