[Ifeffit] Problems with Mac OS X build of Ifeffit 1.0075

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 7 11:58:46 CST 2002

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Dr. Paul Fons wrote:

> The makefile included with the new version of ifeffit 1.0075 is broken,
> specifically it lacks a dependency for build.in as you can see from the
> pasted text below:
>
> [Quark:ifeffit_1.0b/src/macosx] paulfons% make
> make: *** No rule to make target `../lib/build.in', needed by
> `../lib/build.h'.  Stop.

Ack!  This is entirely my fault. I changed a few parts of the
build process (especially the part where the configuration tells
the library how to build, which was using files called build.h &
build.in and now does something else).  I think this means the
build process may not work on other systems too.

It should not be too hard to fix, but I can't do it right now.
It's possible that the normal unix / build (ie, 'configure ;
make' may work on Mac OS X without using the macosx directory.
I thought that was working a while ago, and don't think my
changes would have broken that.  Is this now broken as well?

Sorry for the trouble and thanks,