[Ifeffit] Problems with Mac OS X build of Ifeffit 1.0075

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Wed Nov 6 20:39:44 CST 2002

The makefile included with the new version of ifeffit 1.0075 is broken,
specifically it lacks a dependency for build.in as you can see from the
pasted text below:

[Quark:ifeffit_1.0b/src/macosx] paulfons% make
make: *** No rule to make target `../lib/build.in', needed by
`../lib/build.h'.  Stop.

I sucessfully built most of the internal modules by invoking their make
sequence with commands of the form "make ifeffitlib.a, make feffit,
etc.), but make all fails.  This is apparently due to the file build.h
being dependent on build.in.  This smells of automake configuration
which I don't understand and I was hoping some brave sole would be able
to offer a fix (Hi Matt!) or perhaps suggest to comment out the
offending line in the Makefile if it doesn't cause problems.  Thanks
for any help!

Along these lines, what is the problem with the configure setup for
OSX, is it a big problem to get the "standard" unix install procedure
to work for os x or is there some difficult problem (this is coming
from someone who knows nothing about automake).

									Paul

On 2002.11.6, at 06:27 AM, Matt Newville wrote:

> Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu>

Dr. Paul Fons
Senior Researcher
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science & Technology
METI
Optoelectronics Division
Umezono 1-1-4
Tsukuba, Ibaraki JAPAN 305-8568