[Ifeffit] Ifeffit 1.0075 + Athena 0.8.005 and Artemis 0.5.002

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Nov 6 08:21:30 CST 2002

Hi folks,

This morning I posted source code tarballs for the latest versions of
my programs: Athena 0.8.005 and Artemis 0.5.002.

These are the versions that are included in the new Windows installer
that Matt announced yesterday.  If you are a windows user and want to
upgrade, you should download and install the entire installer.  I will
continue with the practice of posting the updated Windows executables
for these programs with the next releases of Athena and Artemis.

While the changes to Athena were pretty modest this time, Artemis took
many large steps forward over the past two weeks.  I rewrote some of
the code that covers how paths from Feff are read in, managed,
plotted, and deleted.  The result is that much of the strange,
unpredictable, and crashy behavior that was discovered during
September's EXAFS course at NSLS now seems to be solved.  Yay!  You
should now be able to add and delete paths as you see fit and be
confident that plotting and fitting will behave as expected.

Take a look at
  http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/notes/CHANGES.artemis
to see the *long* list of changes to this version of Artemis.  Some of
them, such as the added functionality to the path interpretation on
the feff page, are really quite nifty.

The one change to both programs that people should be aware of is a
slight change to the initialization files.  The file format is almost
the same EXCEPT you can no longer have end of line comments.  If
anything configurable behaves oddly check your initialization file
(~/.athenarc or ~/.artemisrc for you unix users) and remove any end of
line comments.

As always, let me know about any problems you find or suggestions you
have.

Bruce

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source