[Ifeffit] rebinning data

Carlo U. Segre segre at iit.edu
Mon Nov 4 09:22:02 CST 2002

hello All:

This is to bring back up a subject that was discussed a few months ago on
the list.  We have been diligently working on a python algorithm for
rebinning XAFS data from high point density slew scans.  I have been
testing it and I hope that there will be a complete version available
shortly.  It is in the form of a unix filter which takes a few parameters
(edge energy, energy above the edge where rebinning is to begin, step size
in k for rebinning) and spits out a modified file for each input file.
There are just a couple of small glitches in how it handles data points
with the same energy (this causes athena to pop up an annoying dialog) but
that should be solved this week.

I am more than happy to send it to anyone who would like it.  Matt, I
remember that you had suggested that we send code.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Research, Armour College