[Ifeffit] Run time error with athena

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Tue May 21 18:26:14 CDT 2002

On 水曜日, 5 22, 2002, at 01:57  AM, Matt Newville wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I'll defer to Bruce on perl-related questions, but
>
>> Tk::Error: Can't call method "configure" on an undefined value at
>> /sw/bin/athena line 1775, <R> line 9.
>
> looks like a serious problem with the perl/Tk installation on
> this machine.  That is, "configure" is a built-in perl/Tk
> method, and used heavily.
>
> I'd start by seeing if _any_ perl/Tk programs run.  Like, if
> there are demos included in with Mac OS perl/Tk, do they run?
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> --Matt

Actually the weird thing is that Tk seems to install fine and artemis
seems to run (and plot) just fine.  This would seem to imply to me that
Tk is functional.  pgplot and also plots its demo files well.  The perl
is apple's default installation.  dylib is the patched version.  From
what I understand from Bruce, artemis recycles a lot of the code from
athena (for file i/o and plotting at least) thus it is seems really
strange that one works and the other doesn't.  I will try some more of
the demo programs associated with the Tk installation to make sure they
work.  With artemis seemingly working fine though...  Very strange, yes?

			--confused
							Paul