[Ifeffit] athena update

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu May 16 10:40:05 CDT 2002

Hi folks,

I guess I have been a busy boy this week.  There's another release of
athena on my web site.  New stuff includes:

  1.  A couple bug fixes and several changes to the layout of the main
      window.

  2.  An automated alignment algorithm which works by varying an e0
      shift to minimize the difference spectra of the derivative of
      two mu(E) spectra.  I would not place great trust in this
      algorithm, but it think it will often provide a good first guess
      for the e0 shift.  It works well for the EuTiO3 data that is
      included in the examples.  You can use this algorithm from the
      alignment dialog or from the data preprocessing options in the
      file selection dialog.

   3. Athena now checks to see if input data is monotonically
      increasing in energy (or wavenumber for chi(k) data).  If it is
      not, Athena spits up an error message and refuses to read the
      data.  This choice seems safe, but I am open to suggestions for
      other ways to treat the non-monotonic data.

   4. A y-axis offset plotting parameter.  This is most useful for
      stacked plots like in this screenshot:
         http://leonardo.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/images/athena/athena_stacked.png
      This was done by setting the y-axis offset for the first data
      group to 0.5 and to -0.5 for the third data group.

Enjoy,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6134          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source