[Ifeffit] online help bug in tkatoms

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Mar 28 15:09:26 CST 2002

Howdy folks,

Today I received a bug report regarding the on-line help feature in
tkatoms.  I belve that this problem only affects unix systems.

The problem is that, when selecting "Help with Atoms" from the help
menu, you may get an error dialog telling you, among other things
"Error: Can't set -file to `tkatoms.pod' for Tk::Pod=HASH(0x8f06fe0)"

The cause seems to be an error in one of my installation scripts and
it should be fixed in the next release (sometime in the indeterminate
future -- I am mostly working on artemis right now).

If you don't feel you can live without the online help, I think you
can make the problem go away by copying by hand the file `tkatoms.pod'
from

  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/Xray/

(or whatever similar directory it ended up in on your system) to

  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i586-linux/Xray/lib/

which is where it should have gone in the first place, except for the
bug in my installation script wherein I left out the "lib/" part.

Regards

Carlo, if you haven't already, you may be interested in subscribing to
our mailing list
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/mailman/listinfo/ifeffit/

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6134          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source