[Ifeffit] new Athena release, version 2002.03.08

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Mon Mar 11 15:28:47 CST 2002

Hi,

I just posted a new release of the athena source code.  I have not yet
made a new windows binary.  This version is 2002.03.08.

New in this release:

  ** Phase corrected Fourier transforms (requires ifeffit 1.0069 or
     later) which make use of tables of central atoms phase shifts as
     I discussed on the feffdevel list
        http://cars9.uchicago.edu/feff/feffdevel/msg00082.html
  ** Spline clamps, both high and low, but with discrete, menu-chosen
     scaling factors.  This is not yet documented, but the basic idea
     is that you can put restraints at the high and low end of the
     spline range in the autobk algorithm to coerce the spline to go
     through the data at those points.  Try autobk with the high clamp
     set to Strong -- very cool!
  ** a few bug fixes -- as always ;-)

Kind of a small list, but PCFTs and spline clamps are both fairly
major bits of user functionality, so it seemed worth making a new
release.

As always, point your browser at
  http://feff.phys.washington.edu/~ravel/software/exafs/
for the latest.

P.S. Those of you to whom I sent this message by blind carbon copy
should go to http://millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ifeffit
and subscribe to Matt's great, new ifeffit mailing list.  In the
future all announcements will be made there.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6134          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source