[Ifeffit] iFEFFit/PGPlot/AquaTerm

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Sat Mar 9 20:55:09 CST 2002

On 2002.03.10, at 06:09, Tsu-Chien Weng wrote:

>> 3. Has anyone run ifeffit using aquaterm?
>>

>     Yes, I just tried newplot() with PGPlot/AQT, not in rootless
> XFree86.  Since I'm a new user, I've not tried many functions in
> iFEFFit.
>
>     Has anyone tried to use Tcl/tk 8.4a4 with G.I.FEFFit?
>

> Tsu-Chien
> <Chien>001000</Chien>

 I had thought about using aquaterm as well (as an output for pgplot),
especially as I find it very useful with gnuplot. When I tried to follow
the directions for pgplot on the aquaterm, I discovered that the
instructions were incomplete. I just learned about the missing libraries
yesterday after writing the author, but now that I have gifeffit
running, it is clear that it very much an X11 application and will be
hard to change and the new environment would seem to be much more
productive than the command line ifeffit (which I also must say I
liked).  I think it would a good idea to leave it up to the user and
leave the aquaterm library option open though.