[Ifeffit] The road to Athena...

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Mar 7 14:34:00 CST 2002

Well, it is certainly a step in the right direction to actually
install the perl interface to Ifeffit before attempting to use Athena ;-)

I find the message you sent encouraging.  It tells me that perl is
actually attempting to communicate with the ifeffit library.  So
Ifeffit.pm is in the right place and is working.

I would guess that the swig wrapper is not compiled correctly.  I
barely understand swig on a nice warm fuzzy linux system, so I am not
sure how much advice I have for making it work on the mac.  Some time
spent at http://www.swig.org might help.  My hunch is that someone is
going to have to generate a wrapper for the Mac on the Mac.

HTH,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6134          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source