[Ifeffit] Status of ifeffit, atoms, athena, etc on MacOS X

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Mar 6 13:46:25 CST 2002

 > On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Charles Bouldin <charles.bouldin at nist.gov> said:

 CB> This may be the first message on the mailing list? It is a
 CB> message mostly composed of questions:

 CB> I have ifeffit and atoms running just fine on MacOS X, thanks to
 CB> Francois' hard work figuring some things out and Matt's quick
 CB> port of ifeffit.

 CB> 1. Does anyone have Athena running?

Do the ifeffit-y parts of tkatoms work?  Is there a "Plotter"
notecard?  Is there an option to use CL in the dafs or powder
simulation?  If so, do they work?  If they work, then why doesn't
athena?

Would a perl 10-liner that does something simple with both ifeffit and
Tk be useful?  This queries Ifeffit for the value of the etok scalar
and displays it in a Tk window with a "Done" button.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use Tk;
use Ifeffit qw(get_scalar);
use Tk::Dialog;
my $x = get_scalar('etok');
my $top=MainWindow->new();
$top->Label(-text=>"Ifeffit sez etok=$x") ->pack();
$top->Button(-text=>'Done', -command=>sub{exit})->pack();
MainLoop;

Hmmm... guess that's 9 lines ;-)  If this works, then I think you have
made good progress towards athena.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Code 6134          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source