[Ifeffit] First attempts to use Artemis

Mark Jensen mjensen at anl.gov
Thu Jun 13 11:26:09 CDT 2002

Dear Everyone:

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a dopey user report for Artemis, but
I am having a problem with Artemis on two Red Hat 7.3 systems with Feff8.

The data files load and are displayed in the PGPlot window. I can load and
display FEFF paths in the windows too. (Nice touch Bruce. Ravel-ware is
great!). However, :( , the path information is not displayed in the path
text box like the last picture in Bruce's poster shows. That's not a killer
problem in my mind.

The real problem is that I can only fit 0 or 1 variable, no matter how many
I set as guessed. It appears that Artemis/ifeffit is only varying the
guessed variable associated with the first path variable on whichever tab
(Basic parameters or Other parameters) is visible (i.e. S02, OR the third
cummulant). It won't vary both S02 and the 3rd cummulant and it won't vary
any guessed variables that appear in the other path parameters. It doesn;t
appear to matter how many different paths I include. If there isn't a
guessed variable in either the S02 or third cummulant path, none of the
guessed variables is varied. The values of all guessed variables that are
not varied always return from ifeffit as 0.0.

Any thoughts
Mark Jensen

Mark P. Jensen
Chemistry Division