[Ifeffit] Artemis and Athena

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Sun Jul 28 20:12:11 CDT 2002

Just for fun, I tried installing the new perl 5.8.0 release on Mac OS
10.1.5.  The perl installation went fine (all the tests passed that
should), however, when I tried to reinstall ifeffit, problems ensued.
The installation attempt (the very tip) is pasted below.  Is this a sign
of problems to come?  I don't know perl well enough to know where these
modules came from.  For the moment my resolution is to install perl
5.6.1 (a slight upgrade from the default 5.6.0 included with the OS)

[etld1220:ifeffit_1.0b/wrappers/perl] paulfons% perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.0 built for darwin

Copyright 1987-2002, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License
or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to
the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

[etld1220:ifeffit_1.0b/wrappers/perl] paulfons% perl Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: -L../../src/lib changed to
-L/Users/paulfons/Ports/ifeffit_1.0b/wrappers/perl/../../src/lib
Configuring athena for installation with ifeffit
Checking dependencies ...
dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
_Perl_safefree
_Perl_safemalloc