[Ifeffit] Reverse Monte Carlo

Dr. Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Wed Apr 10 21:10:27 CDT 2002

Athena and ifeffit are all running fine (now I am just waiting for
artemis) so I thought I
would ask a silly question about reverse monte carlo.  I have taken
multiple edge data on a (nearly
amorphous) buffer layer comprised of S, O, and Zn.  I was wondering
about applying reverse monte carlo
to look at some prototypical structures.  Has anyone ever used Rmca
(http://www.studsvik.uu.se/Software/rmc/rmc.htm).
I found this using SINCRIS at the IUCr which stated that there were unix
and vms versions of the software.  On the
ftp server I only found a os independent fortran program (which relies
apparently on os dependent subroutines for which
only vms and windows NT are available on the site).  Is there a real
unix version out there?  Any opinions on the
value of rmc for getting an idea of what is going on structure wise?

Dr. Paul Fons
Photonics Research Institute
National Institute for Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
Ministry of Economics and Trade
Umezono 1-1-1
Tsukuba, Japan 305-8568
tel. 81-298-61-5636 fax. 81-298-61-5615